A delicious African spicy goat soup that will warm you up. Made with exotic spices or just use flavor ginger, garlic, pepper, onions and herbs.
- 3 pound assorted meat cut in pieces
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 4-5- garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1- tablespoon Maggi or bouillon granules
- 2 green onion chopped whites and green parts
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup parsley
- 0-3 Scotch bonnet or habanera pepper
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon Njansa
- 1 calabash pepper peeled
- 2 Negro pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grains of paradise
Place all the spices in the blender or food processor. Pulse until everything is puree
Add to the pot of goat, add water about 7-8 cups of water. Bring to a boil and simmer until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf, add water if necessary, and cook for about 10 - 15 more minutes.
Adjust for seasonings and thickness. Serve warm.