Nigerian Egg Stew is a popular Nigerian Stewed eggs recipe. Egg stew is very easy to make and is a staple in most African homes. It is particularly eaten at breakfast and is enjoyed with boiled Yam, Bread, Potatoes or Plantain.
With this recipe, everything goes really. You may choose to add just about any protein type you choose. Fish and corned beef are popularly used, but you can have it plain and simple.
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 1 Cooking spoon Vegetable/Olive Oil
- 1/2 Can Chopped Tomatoes or 3 Medium Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 or 1 Scotch Bonnet
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Stalk Spring Onion(Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry and Thyme
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- Salt to Taste
- Blend the Peppers and Tomatoes roughly and set aside. Also, whisk the eggs and set aside.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan or wok. Place on medium heat. When it’s hot, add the minced Garlic, saute for a minute. Then pour in the chopped Onions, saute till fragrant
- Add the chopped tomatoes and Peppers, season with knorr cube, Thyme, Curry powder and Salt to taste. Fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped Spring Onions, fry for a minute.
- Whisk the eggs together and pour into the sauce.
- Leave to set for 1 minute, then scramble.
- Continue to scramble and mix for a further 2-3 minutes to avoid burning.
Enjoy with Boiled Yam, Bread, Plantain or Potatoes!